If you're unhappy with the size of your penis, you're not alone. According to a survey, 45 percent of men wish they were bigger. But don't get out your wallet yet, because according to medical experts, there is no way to change the size of your member.
You can't make your penis bigger through exercise, creams, or pills. There is no magic potion, either. But you can take solace knowing that you aren’t alone in your dissatisfaction with the size of your penis.
Many Men Wish They Could Change Their Penis Size
And for a variety of reasons, but for the most part, men report that they wish their penis was larger because they want to:
- Increase their self-esteem
- Be more attractive to a partner
- To “better” satisfy a partner
- To become more confident in general
- To make it easier to maintain an erection
- … And many more.
But do penis enlargement pills actually work? And, are these reasons really worthy of the stress?
Penis Anxiety is a Big Problem
There is a lot of anxiety surrounding the subject of penis size with men. Social norms associate penis size with masculinity, a false notion that has led men to develop anxiety about the size of their member.
The truth is that penis size does not indicate how satisfying of a partner you are, or how satisfied your partner will be. And it doesn’t matter to most women, no matter what some men think. You can gain more confidence in yourself by listening to your partner and learning how to satisfy them in a way that isn’t solely based on the size of your penis.
In fact, the vast majority of women don't reach climax from vaginal intercourse alone. A 2015 study showed that 94% percent of women don't have an orgasm from just penis in vagina sex. Many women need clitoral stimulation to reach orgasm, and penis size is absolutely irrelevant to that.
Still, many men wish they could change the size of their penis. This causes them to look for methods that may enlarge their member, such as the various pills marketed as miracle penis enlargement medicine. But do penis enlargement pills work?
There is No Silver Bullet
No, the only way to get a bigger penis is to undergo a risky penis enlargement surgery. But this method is expensive, invasive, and dangerous.
Be wary of online advertisements; some companies will try to convince you that their “formula” is better than the rest. They will point out that they have this one ingredient or that one ingredient is missing from the competition. No matter what they say, they really don't work, and it's better to save your money.
What is the Average Penis Size?
The average erect penis length is about 5.5 inches (13.97 centimeters). Many men who think they are 4-6 inches erect think they have a small penis, when they are actually floating around average. Many men who think they are below average are actually above average! The average flaccid length is about 3.5 inches (8.89 centimeters).
Let’s Be Honest to Ourselves About the Real Culprit of Penis Insecurities
Porn has given us an unrealistic view of what our bodies should look like for both men and women. We should understand that porn is a business where the actors are selected based on what makes them stand out. They are selected for their ability to make us sexually excited. The average size of a penis may be different from what you think if you watch porn often.
Alternative Penis Enlargement Methods
There is a lot of information floating around online about ways you can make your penis grow, and a great deal of that information is false. There are very few “methods” for penis growth that are effective. Let’s take a moment to look at some of the popular rumors, and their effectiveness.
1. Traction Devices: These devices supposedly work by using the elastic properties of your skin to extend your penis. The idea is that you wrap your penis in some sort of strap or band that pulls your skin. The way your skin is pulled will supposedly stimulate new cells to grow, which will in turn make your penis bigger.
Effectiveness: Poor. Traction Devices are more likely to damage your penis than to help it. Traction devices can also cause permanent damage to your penis! These devices can cause a lot of pain for a very small gain.
2. Penis Enlargement Pills: There are many companies out there that claim to have a special formula for penis enlargement, and plenty of men fall for these scams. These pills are usually just a combination of herbs and vitamins that have been shown to have little to no effect on penis growth.
Effectiveness: Poor. These pills are completely useless and aren't regulated by the FDA, which means you don't know what you're getting unless you read the label with great attention.
3. Vacuum Pumps: Vacuum pumps don't make your penis permanently larger, but they do help with temporary growth, as they make your erection harder. This is because the vacuum pumps pull blood into your penis, which leads to temporary swelling. This temporary swelling is what leads to temporary growth.
Effectiveness: Fair. If you use this method, you'll see results, but the gains will be temporary, and you'll need to repeat the process each time you want to engage in intercourse.
4. Jelqing: Jelqing is an exercise that involves using your hands to stretch your penis. The idea is that you'll be able to stretch your penis by applying pressure with your fingers. It's just like a traction device, but you're using your fingers instead.
Effectiveness: Poor. Jelqing is painful, time-consuming, and can lead to permanent damage.
So What Can I Do?
Avoid taking any pills, applying any creams, or using any types of traction devices. Penis pumps, or vacuum pumps, can make your penis harder and more erect, but only temporarily. Many men report that taking ED medications helped them have a longer, stronger erection, which gave them more stamina within the bedroom.